The Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) will collect personal data (Data) from individuals for its operational needs as it fulfils its role to promote and regulate the media sector in Singapore. Adequate policies and procedures have been put in place by IMDA
- To specify the purpose(s) for use of the Data;
- To safeguard the interests of the individuals;
- To protect the confidentiality of the Data that it has collected from unauthorised access;
- To retain the Data for only as long as it needs to meet its purpose.
- The Data is necessary to render a IMDA service that the individual has applied for;
- The use of IMDA’s Online Feedback form by the individual.
- Process any applications made by the individual;
- Render an efficient and effective service to the individual, unless the sharing of Data is prohibited by legislation.
Individuals may contact IMDA via the IMDA Online Feedback Form or contact IMDA’s Quality Service Manager
- To request for amendments to his/ her Data on the basis that the Data collected or maintained by the IMDA is inaccurate or incomplete.
- To provide feedback in relation to IMDA’s Data Protection Policy.
Tel: 1800 837 9979 (Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.00pm)
IMDA reserves the right to amend its data protection policy and the information published about the said policy from time to time. While IMDA takes reasonable care to ensure that information published about its said policy is up-to-date, IMDA does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of such information.